Vanderbilt University Medical Center Medical Assistant PRN (As Needed) Dermatology (Franklin, TN) in Franklin, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Your skin reflects everything that's going on in your life. Keeping it in top shape requires more than soap and water.
Dermatology is the branch of medicine dedicated to the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair and nails. The field of dermatology has subspecialties including pediatric dermatology, dermatologic surgery, laser and cosmetic dermatology, and dermatopathology, to name a few.
Monday – Friday; Days. This is a PRN (as needed) position to fill-in within the department.
Supports the licensed healthcare team in performing office examinations and procedures by organizing and managing clinic patient flow, gathering and documenting patient screening data, assist with patient and family education and communication with patient's health care team.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or RegisteredMedical Assistant (RMA) required
6 months - 1 year of Medical Assistant experience orthe equivalent is preferred
Medical Assistant experience in an outpatientsetting highly desired
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· USNews & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· TruvenHealth Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker'sHospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· TheLeapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· NationalInstitutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· MagnetRecognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· NashvilleBusiness Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· AmericanHospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
Downloadthe Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
This position requires a High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant industry.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or RegisteredMedical Assistant (RMA) required
Additional Qualification Information:
- Effective October 2015 all new hire Medical Assistants will be required to have a certification from one of the VUMC approved MA programs. Vanderbilt endorsed MA certifications: American Medical Technologists (AMT), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), National Association for Health Professionals (NAHP). Others organizations may be considered on a case by case basis. Medical Assistants hired prior to October 2015 will have until October 1, 2017 to obtain certification via one of the approved MA programs.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Medium Work category requiring exertion up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20 of force frequently and/or up to 10 of force continually to move objects.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Frequent: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Continuous: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Job Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician
Organization: Dermatology 203250
Title: Medical Assistant PRN (As Needed) Dermatology (Franklin, TN)
Location: TN-Franklin-Edward Curd Lane (ECL/Medcore)
Requisition ID: 1804898
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.