Vanderbilt University Medical Center Compliance Audit Consultant (Medical Coding Auditor) in Nashville, Tennessee
Compliance Audit Consultant
Requisition Number 1805207
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The office of Healthcare Compliance manages VUMC’s compliance program. Our office mission is to ensure and promote the highest standards of business ethics. VUMC is committed to complying with all federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. Specifically, our office is tasked with:
· Preventing any accidental or intentional violations of law.
· Detecting violations if they occur.
· Immediately taking corrective measures if violations occur.
For additional information, please visit ww2.mc.vanderbilt.edu/dcci/ .
In this pivotal and rewarding role, you will be consulting with designated service areas with Vanderbilt as they respond to questions, evolve processes and partner with technical functions to establish best practices and maintain practice pathways to adhere to policy. Additionally, you will perform directed audits and recurring monitoring consistent with plans and processes. You also will be speaking with physicians and helping them to improve their documentation and ability to code.
• Data and Trending Analysis
• Perform analysis of data from internal and external sources to assess potentialareas of risk to institution.
• Work and Audit Plans
• Prepare clear, concise and meaningful audit plans that identify the scope,universe and level of the effort warranted for each review.
• Auditing and Monitoring
• Performs independent audit reviews of contracts, systems, processes,documentation and billing.
• Draft reports to present results to individuals from a broad spectrum ofdepartments and disciplines.
• Retain appropriate documentation supporting process, methodology andresults for each review
• Knowledge and Research
• Maintain current knowledge of policy and regulatory standard.
• Participate in research of technical questions to gather information forappropriate resolution of issues.
· Associate’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
· Experience in coding or coding audit is a MUST
· 3 years’ experience in compliance related disciplines or clinical degree
· Demonstrated experience in internal audit principals and practices
· Certification in relevant healthcare auditing (AHIA) or coding (AAPC or AHIMA).
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Health care experience
· Experience with Epic is a plus but we will train
· Monday-Friday, 8-5; flexibility extended and required based on business needs
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Job Medical Coding and Billing
Organization: Compliance Operations - VUH 108753
Title: Compliance Audit Consultant (Medical Coding Auditor)
Location: TN-Nashville-Office of Compliance & Corporate Integrity
Requisition ID: 1805207
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.