Vanderbilt University Medical Center LPN, Vanderbilt Familiar Faces Clinic, full-time, days in Nashville, Tennessee
LPN 2, VanderbiltFamiliar Faces Clinic
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Vanderbilt Familiar Faces (VFF) program has a goal to provide care for patients that have established a pattern of increasing healthcare utilization. The goal is to provide and coordinate care within both the inpatient and outpatient settings with a desire to improve the overall value of care that is delivered. By routinely assessing patients’ environmental, behavioral, emotional, physical, and functional needs using standardized tools, the healthcare team will uncover potential barriers to achieving optimal health outcomes. Each patient will have an individualized care plan created by the team that encompasses the outpatient, emergency room, and inpatient settings.
VFF practice will be a multi-disciplinary approach to care. The team will consist of physicians, advanced practice providers, case management, licensed clinical social worker, pharmacy, nursing, and program coordinator. Inpatient care will include daily multi-disciplinary rounds with input from all involved providers. Outpatient care will include post-discharge follow-up and scheduled visits Monday thru Friday. The team will come together in once a week huddles to discuss individualized patient needs or barriers to care within the clinic.
This is our mission: Engendering trusting relationships with chronically ill patients through inter-disciplinary collaborative practice to improve the patient experience and quality of life.
Monday – Friday; 8a-5:00p (flexible start/end time – i.e. 7:30am/8:00am/8:30am)
· Supports the licensed healthcare team members in the provision of patient care to include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to patients/families, and following established plan of care
· All patient care activities are undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure regulations
· Active LPN license
· Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
· Experience in an outpatient setting highly desired
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Providerin Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialtiesranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in theU.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals inAmerica"
The Leapfrog Group: grade"A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medicalresearch in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored inTennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems inthe US
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
This position requires a Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Licensed Practical Nurse
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Licensed Practical Nurse Required
Additional Qualification Information:
- Based on regulations from the TN Board of Nursing and VUMC policy, LPNs have the following practice limitations: (1)May NOT initiate the administration of blood or blood products, (2)May NOT administer experimental drugs (research drugs used in studies for anything other than indications for use by the pharmaceutical company), (3)May NOT administer any intravenous chemotherapeutic agents, (4)May NOT administer IV push medication.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move objects.
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Organization: 3MCN General Medicine Admin 201201
Title: LPN, Vanderbilt Familiar Faces Clinic, full-time, days
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)
Requisition ID: 1805536
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.