Vanderbilt University Medical Center Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry Clinic (Child-Adolescent) in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Psychiatric Hospital is accepting applications for our Nurse Practitioner for our Psychiatric Clinic located at The Village of Vanderbilt . This is a full time position with benefits starting your first day of employment.
Our NP should have strong communication skills and be able to coordinate effectively with an interdisciplinary team. Finally, the NP should have a strong foundation in evidence-based practice and education, a responsibility for ensuring adherence to diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms and protocols, and ensure an environment of safe quality care for a wide range of care needs. The NP demonstrates an advanced level of medical and nursing knowledge, clinical competence, sound judgment, professional communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and personal initiative to sustain professional development.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
· Master’s Degree in Nursing (MSN) required; PMHNP certification preferred.
· Nurse Practitioner licensure required; prefer ambulatory, acute or critical) nursing experience
· One year of NP/RN experience required, with one year of psych experience preferred
· Prior clinic behavioral health experience preferred
· Must be eligible for DEA license/certificate of fitness to prescribe
· National Specialty Board Certification, TN APN certificate to prescribe
· Current Tennessee RN
Job Advanced Practice Nurse/Clinical Nurse Specialist/Nurse Practitioner
Organization: Psychiatry - Child-Adolescent 104535
Title: Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry Clinic (Child-Adolescent)
Location: TN-Nashville-Village at Vanderbilt
Requisition ID: 1806277
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.