Vanderbilt University Medical Center Registered Nurse 2, VPNPP Medical Specialties Clinic (Full-Time)(DAYS) in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Division of Nephrology at Vanderbilt University Medical Center has a long and notable history of the study, treatment, causes and potential therapies of kidney disease. With leading researchers, clinicians, and instructors working in state-of-the-art facilities our contributions are significant and validated through the many publications, honors, and grant funding received as we help to advance cures for kidney disease through scientific discoveries, cutting-edge treatments, and renal transplants.
The mission of Nephrology is to; Inspire Interest in the Prevention of Disease, Promote Human Health, Cultivate Biomedical Discovery, Provide Compassionate Care, and Educate Tomorrow's Leaders.
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards.
· Graduate of an approved Nursing Program (BSN preferred)
· Active Tennessee RN license
· 6 months of RN experience (acute Nursing experience preferred)
· Nephrology / Dialysis / Anemia nursing experience preferred
· This position is Monday – Friday (Days)
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· USNews & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· TruvenHealth Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Becker'sHospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· TheLeapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· NationalInstitutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· AmericanAssociation for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· MagnetRecognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· NashvilleBusiness Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· AmericanHospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center’s mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
This position requires a Graduate of an approved discipline specific program and 1 year of experience or the equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Job Registered Nurse
Organization: Med Spec Clinic Clinical Staff 303517
Title: Registered Nurse 2, VPNPP Medical Specialties Clinic (Full-Time)(DAYS)
Location: TN-Nashville-The Vanderbilt Clinic (TVC)
Requisition ID: 1805994
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.