Vanderbilt University Medical Center Registered Nurse, Patient Care Services – VUMC PM&R in Nashville, Tennessee
DiscoverVanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Overview ofVUMC PM&R
The department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) at Vanderbilt University Medical Center is becoming a world-renowned program by empowering faculty to deliver innovative patient care at a quaternary academic medical center, conduct groundbreaking and collaborative research with substantial federal grant funding, and train the next generation of health care providers and leaders. Our energetic team is rapidly growing.
Our Rehabilitation programs are actively involved in continuous quality improvement through Focus Teams charged with the improvement of a service area through ensuring evidenced based practice, continued competencies for staff, and consistency of practice and documentation.
The Vanderbilt Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Outpatient Physiatry Practice is located in the outpatient wing of Stallworth Rehab Hospital, at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. We provide care management for a variety of muskulosketal and neurological conditions ranging from spasticity and chronic low back pain to prosthetic assessment for amputees. Our clinic consists of a four exam rooms and two procedure rooms. The patient volume for the overall practice is, approximately, 3,000 visits annually.
Our excellent, service-oriented patient care is directed and/or delivered by the collaborative, team-focused efforts of an interdisciplinary healthcare team including Attending Physicians, Intern and Resident Physicians and Fellows. The Leadership Team is comprised of a Medical Director, Clinic Manager, Administrative Director, a Nurse Administrator and an Administrative Assistant. Clinic staff members include Registered Nurses, a Medical Assistant and a Patient Services Specialist.
Applies the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicates pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborates in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Furthers professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here at https://hr.mc.vanderbilt.edu/careers/requirements/PhysicalRequirementsGroup57.pdf .
Collaborates in establishing the plan of care, coordinatesand implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs acrossthe continuum.
Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to thepatient's care and management to determine nursing diagnosis.
Continually utilizes the nursing process to evaluatepatient's progress towards goals and applies appropriate interventions toensure effective outcomes.
Employs strategies to promote health and a safe andhealthy environment.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview ofthe position and additional duties may be assigned.
NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Conducts primary care patient interviews and physical examinations. Demonstrates sufficient acumen to recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team. Has experience in gathering pertinent clinical data that aid in referral, treatment, or other primary care pathways.
CARE PLANNING (NOVICE): - Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully search for evidence to answer clinical questions. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilitieswith the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areasrelated to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzesmoderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gainedthrough experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance andsupport to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy andenthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gainknowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regularcontact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informalopportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes groupinteractions and modifies one's own communication style to suit differentsituations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understandcurrent and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes servicesto better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems fromdifferent angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunitiesand develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Providesongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increaseemployees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formaland informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issuespromptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies variouslearning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlyingcauses of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements:Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performsroutine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense ofownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understandingof the departmental work to effectively manage resources for adepartment/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strongunderstanding of the information or data to identify and elevateopportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies newideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processesbeyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm forlearning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-termchallenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/orproblems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces changeinstead of emphasizing negative elements.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN), Graduate ofan approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 yearrelevant experience
Registered Nurse (RN) Required
- M-F, Clinic Hours
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
USNews & World Report: #1 Hospitalin Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adultand 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15Education and Training
TruvenHealth Analytics: among the top50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker'sHospital Review: one of the"100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
TheLeapfrog Group: grade"A" in Hospital Safety Score
NationalInstitutes of Health: among the top10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
MagnetRecognition Program: Vanderbiltnurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
NashvilleBusiness Journal: MiddleTennessee's healthiest employer
AmericanHospital Association: among the 100"Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
Job Registered Nurse
Organization: PM&R Procedure 303736
Title: Registered Nurse, Patient Care Services – VUMC PM&R
Location: TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital
Requisition ID: 1810744
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.