Vanderbilt University Medical Center Registered Nurse PRN (As Needed) Pulmonary in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover VanderbiltUniversity Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Welcome to the Vanderbilt Pulmonary Center. We care for people with cystic fibrosis, sleep disorders, idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension and other lung-related conditions. We offer personalized, compassionate care within one of the nation's elite academic medical centers.
About the Pulmonary Center:
· The Vanderbilt Pulmonary team is one of the best in country. We rank among the nation's top 20 hospitals forpulmonology care.
· We treat patients with many types of pulmonary disease, including very complex cases.
· We offer a range of services in one location, so you can expect care that is convenient and tailored to your needs.
· We are part of Vanderbilt University Medical Center, which is named among the nation's elite medical centers by U.S. News & World Report at http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/vanderbilt-university-medical-center-6521060 .
Programs and Clinics:
We offer coordinated care through a variety of programs and clinics at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/pulmonary/48921 .
Conditions We Treat
· Allergic rhinitis
· Chronic cough
· Chronic bronchitis
· Chronic obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
· Cystic fibrosis
· Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis
· Lung nodules
· Pulmonary hypertension
· Sleep apnea
Monday – Friday; Days PRN (as needed)
You will apply the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and family education and continuum of care planning. Effectively communicate pertinent patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborate in establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of Nursing standards.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
Graduate of an approvedNursing Program (BSN preferred)
Active Tennessee RNlicense
6 months of RNexperience (acute Nursing experience preferred)
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· USNews & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( BillWilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· TruvenHealth Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
· Becker'sHospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· TheLeapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· NationalInstitutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· AmericanAssociation for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
· MagnetRecognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· NashvilleBusiness Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· AmericanHospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
· Nursing Careers : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
· Benefits : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
· Our Nursing Philosophy : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/philosophy.html
· Our Nursing Leadership : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/leadership.html
· Shared Governance : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/shared-governance.html
· Education & Professional Development : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/professional-development.html
· Life In Nashville : http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/nashville.html
· VUMC Nursing : http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=vanderbilt-nursing
This position requires a Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) and 1 year relevant experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move objects.
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs, with help of coworkers or assistive device
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on knee or knees.
Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self, patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and small spaces
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape, temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other contagious illnesses.
Job Registered Nurse
Organization: Pulmonary Clinic Staff 303511
Title: Registered Nurse PRN (As Needed) Pulmonary
Location: TN-Nashville-The Vanderbilt Clinic (TVC)
Requisition ID: 1811060
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.