Vanderbilt University Medical Center Research Study Interviewer II - Part-Time in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
The Survey Research Shared Resource (SRSR) provides data collection services for multiple research projects conducted at Vanderbilt University through the administration of computer-assisted telephone, web and personal surveys. The SRSR operates a Call Center with 15 workstations which operates days and evenings, 7 days a week. The SRSR is highly committed to the precise and excellent collection of data according to specialized research protocols.
Under general supervision, provide support for health related research; investigate, gather, assess and clarify data; organize and supervise distribution of information; coordinate general laboratory maintenance and inventory control, and recruit and interview research study participants.
• High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) (Required)
• 4 years experience (Required)
Key Functions and Expected Performances:
• Recruit and interview research study participants using a Computer Assisted Telephone Interview application and other mechanisms for data collection in the Survey Research Shared Resource.
• Assist in modification and coordination of research procedures and techniques
• Collect, organize, and evaluate data from a variety of reference sources
• Conduct medical record reviews and searches
• Provide quality customer service to investigators supported by the SRSR
• Serves as a mentor to newly hired and less tenured RSI I staff members for quality assurance and adherence to study protocols
• Assists the Scientific Research Core Facility Manager in coordinating weekly interviewing tasks for the SRSR Call Center
• Coordinates the appointment calendar for upcoming interview calls
• Assumes coordinating responsibilities for SRSR call priorities in the absence of the Scientific Research Core Facility Manager
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge of study activities, consent features and participant rights
• Maintains and supports communications with SRSR colleagues and study staff
• Acts as the lead interviewer during the weeknight and weekend calling shifts
Additional Information: This is a 12-month Term position working up to 20 hours per week. The SRSR is open 8am to 9pm Monday through Friday, 10am to 8pm Saturdays and 3pm to 8pm Sundays. This position requires some weekend (Saturdays and Sundays) and weekday evening shifts (5:00pm-9:00pm) in order to provide sufficient coverage during SRSR operational hours.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85 decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and periodic audiometry.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Organization: Division of Epidemiology 104370
Title: Research Study Interviewer II - Part-Time
Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Requisition ID: 1810489
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.