Vanderbilt University Medical Center Sr. Purchasing Assistant-Division of Animal Care in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Assists in placing and expediting orders and obtains quotes/bids with occasional guidance. Resolves problems relating to the procurement of equipment, supplies and services. Initiates the requisition of orders.
Acquires price quotes from suppliers.
Obtains price quotes and proposals.
Expedites deliveries and initiates requisitions and issues purchase orders.
Assists with resolving problems related to invoicing and receiving.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PURCHASING (FUNDAMENTAL AWARENESS): - Understands the concepts behind supplier relations and supply chain management. Handles supplier-related activities, requests for pricing, and purchases of goods and services while ensuring appropriate costs, schedules, quality, deliveries, terms, and conditions.
DATA PROCESSING (NOVICE): - Retrieving, transforming and classifying data to produce meaningful information.
COMMUNICATION (NOVICE): - Clearly, effectively and respectfully communicates to employees or customers.
Organizational Impact: Performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team's performance with minimal guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts research and analysis to solve some non-routine problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies broad job knowledge and has basic job skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to less experienced team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S3):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships : Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S3):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S3):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards .
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S3):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S3):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 4 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand or hands.
Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Organization: ACUP - Administration Staff 104083
Title: Sr. Purchasing Assistant-Division of Animal Care
Location: TN-Nashville-Medical Center North (MCN)
Requisition ID: 1805645
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.